This happened YEARS ago (5 this Feb), but I still think of it at times. I went to a friends house to go to a catalogue party. We were staying at her parents, so we were sitting down for supper together. It was the first time I'd met them, so uncomfortable to begin with!
Any way, her mom or dad asked me where my son was for the weekend, and I said he was with my mom. His/her response still has me upset at times, comparing my successes to hers, wondering if in his/her eye I would measure up, etc. S/he said he was my responsibility, not hers.
You all know I go out very rarely, and that was the first time with friends without my son, period. He was 3! I replied that I know that, and I do my best, to which was retorted that maybe I shouldn't be in school because I have other priorities!
Obviously this still bothers me. I have since finished my BA, earned my BEd, AQs, been a successful MOTHER, teacher, and am now starting my own business!
I AM successful, and have always put my FAMILY first! Think before you speak. Words do hurt, and they did not know me one bit.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Cabana Rd E,Windsor,Canada


0 comments:
Post a Comment