Well, Samhain (Hallowe'en) has come and gone for another year. We've paid tribute to our passed ancestors and celebrated the arrival of our new roots. Another year has come and gone. For some reason I didn't get all festive like I usually do this year. Don't get me wrong, I decorated my home, even got the foresight to put my pumpkin light lanterns on my icicle lights so all I have to do sometime this week is pop off the pumpkins and I'm ready for Yule! I carved the Jack-o-Lanterns, I put up the stickers, and happily hunted for costumes. I just didn't feel like giving out candy and dressing up. Maybe I'm getting jaded, but when I was a kid, you went trick-or-treating at friends, relatives, acquaintances, but not complete strangers (unless you wanted to meet the new neighbour) and I hardly knew any of the kids who appeared out of the wood work. I can count 5 of the 50. What's the fun in seeing a bunch of kids you don't know dressed up. It's way more fun to guess who's under the mask when you stand a chance.
On the other hand, Monkey aka Darth Vadar and Matt went trick-or-treating and met a nice blind lady who lives on the street behind us. She asked who was there, what the costumes were, and how many people. Then she told the two of them to reach in her candy bag and pick what they'd like. Monkey grabbed some for Matt, who felt a little bad for taking her candy, but how can you put it back at that point! She would never know who's at her door except those really close to her for whom she can recognize the voices. I'll have to remember her next year. Those 20 year olds were pretty funny too. "Last year we swear!" I don't really care, they had great costumes! The 12 year old with the mask and street clothes on the other hand, I'm pretty sure he just stole his little brother's mask! Which reminds me, poor Monkey forgot his mask at daycare so he was all dressed up with no mask to wear! At least he had the rest though. Hopefully the mask is intact on Monday. Samhain photos are on Wednesday and I'd hate to try and find a new mask after the date!
Kanga had a little skeleton costume. I have a pic of her but not one of Monkey. I'll get one up when we get his mask back! (It seems I haven't downloaded it yet. I'll have to post it later!)
Posted by
MommyAmandaK


0 comments:
Post a Comment