As They Grow Up

A journal marking the milestones of our children.

Well, it's happened. I got a call that I could take and off I went. At 11pm on Thursday night, I got a call for a full day at a school in town. I listened, and then bravely pushed the accept button. I went online and reread the instructions, wrote them down, put the job # in my planner for the school just in case and went to bed going "OH MY GOD/DESS!"

Woke up at 6am to make sure I wasn't going to be late. Got the kids out the door for 7:30, dropped Monkey off happy, and dropped Kanga off. She didn't want to eat her breakfast before we left, so I left it for her teachers to do. She was a happy gal too though!

Got to the school at about 8:15, checked in, they had my name printed off and ready so there were no worries! I was concerned that I only had instructions up to 12:15, but soon found out that the teacher had only planned to be away half the day! The school found me something to do in the afternoon and I worked the full day.

It was a challenge being my first day, and I do still need to work on controlling the volume of the class, but these tings will come with time. For my 1st day back, it went pretty well, and I look forward to getting called again on Sunday night for Monday!

1 comments:

Congratulation! Glad it went well. Things can only go smoother from here on out, right?

AmandaK5 on Facebook

About Me

My photo
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
I have a son, Monkey, who is 13 and in grade 7, and a daughter, Kanga, who is 8 and in grade 2, and kiddo Skylark who is 4 and will be starting JK in the fall.

Followers