Well, another year has begun. I dropped Monkey off at school promptly at 8:45 and waited for school to begin. He met up with his buddies, played tag, got upset when they wanted to play cars, and then wound up playing cars anyway. He had is regular bit of crying when the teachers came because he had to stop playing, but lined up quickly just the same.
I went for a good long walk with two of the mums of his friends, and it was nice to have a walking buddy (or two). When I got home I went to run errands. That errand was the always exciting trip to Cheeky Monkey! I got Kanga some Retro BabyBanz sunglasses just like D's. I had hoped to find a pink, green, anything but black. There was also blue and white, but I don't like the look of white, and even baby blue would have folks saying what a cute baby boy I have! Kanga went potty at Cheeky Monkey and we headed back home.
I made it back in perfect time. Kanga was asleep in her carseat so we went to school with the buggy. Of course she woke up as we were arriving so I moved to a corner to wait for the kids and fed her. Most of the mums started coming around 11:25 and she'd eaten for about 10 min so she was happy again.
Anyway, Monkey had a great first day, as per his teacher's report, and off home we went to grab some lunch!
Day 2 was a little more stressful as the JKs started filtering in. Tuesday was just the SKs so there were only 5 or 6 of them there. Monkey got the whole class, mostly boys and a lot of Nov/Dec birthdays so still 3 years old, barking. His teacher was not amused so I had a chat with him about being a big brother and showing the other kids how to behave at school.
We're going to get a communication book going this year. We had talked about it last year and it just didn't get implemented. I wrote a note (today) letting his teacher know how we do things at home as she had asked for consistancy. At home we use a planner and I check off his chores, activities, etc as he does them. If he has more checks at the end of the week than x-es, then he gets a sticker. If he has a tempertantrum he get's a sad face on that day, and 5 min on the timer to cool down before we talk things through. I got him a school planner, and sounds like things are going to work out!
I'll keep you updated!
Posted by
MommyAmandaK


0 comments:
Post a Comment