Surprisingly EC continues to be 'easy.' That is as long as I listen to my gut and get her to her potty quickly after sleeps. The books, sites, articles and such all agree that a mum knows when her baby needs to go. Either by thinking suddenly "it's been a while since (baby) went potty" or thinking "(baby) needs to pee" mum and even other caregivers at times just know. That is starting to happen, and while I may think I'm being paranoid sometimes that a wet diaper is going to happen (even though I don't care! (really!)) sure enough, she'll pee. Infants afterall go pee every 10-20 min for a while since their bladders are so small. This is why disposibles are so absorbant. If you went pee every 10-20 min and only got changed every few hours, you too would need to feel dry!


2 comments:
You're right about the small bladders! I read in the book I have (can't remember name at the moment), that when your bladder is about half full, it signals to your receptors that you need to go. So not only do babyies have small bladders, but they will follow a cue (pssss noise made by mom) and go anytime after their bladder is half full.
It's awesome!
See you Thursday!
By the way, nice blog!
Post a Comment